Saturday, June 18, 2011

How to Trust God

"I know the servants of God who will speak to you during this I. They are called of God to give messages to His children. The Lord has said of them: “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.” 12
 
You show your trust in Him when you listen with the intent to learn and repent and then you go and do whatever He asks. If you trust God enough to listen for His message in every sermon, song, and prayer in this conference, you will find it. And if you then go and do what He would have you do, your power to trust Him will grow, and in time you will be overwhelmed with gratitude to find that He has come to trust you."


Pres. Eyring, October Conference 2010, "Trust in God, Then Go and Do"


It is the desire of my heart that Heavenly Father be able to trust me. I pray for this blessing often. I want Him to be able to count on me to do what is right, to heed the whisperings of the still small voice, keep commandments and covenants.

No comments: