"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not I cannot, desert to his foes;
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!"
I absolutely do NOT want to be a deserter. Elder Neil L. Anderson used this verse in his conference address of 2010, Nov.
Here are some other outstanding thoughts from his talk
Two words signal danger ahead: the words are offended and ashamed...
In our weakened moments, the adversary seeks to steal our spiritual promises. If we are not watchful, our injured, childlike spirit will retreat back into the cold, dark crust of our former bloated ego, leaving behind the warm, healing light of the Savior.
When Parley P. Pratt, in 1835, was judged unfairly, bringing embarrassment and shame to him and his family, the Prophet Joseph Smith counseled, “Parley, … walk such things under your feet … [and] God Almighty shall be with you.” 17
I promise you, as you choose not to be offended or ashamed, you will feel His love and approval. You will know that you are becoming more like Him.1 Nephi 19:9

No comments:
Post a Comment